Our glossary entry for Failure protection
Back to index
Securing your website from downtime requires a holistic approach to consider various potential causes of downtime. Here are some best practices to improve your website availability:
- Use load balancers: Load balancers distribute traffic across multiple servers to spread the load and improve availability.
- Use redundant servers: Using redundant servers ensures that your website remains available even if a server fails.
- Regularly back up all relevant data, including website files, databases and configuration files.
- Regularly test the restore of backups to ensure they can be restored quickly and effectively if necessary.
Content Delivery Network (CDN):
Monitoring and Notifications:
- Implement a monitoring system that continuously monitors your website performance.
- Configure notifications to let you know immediately when problems occur.
Security and Updates:
- Keep all software components, including the operating system, web servers, databases and applications, up to date.
- Implement security measures such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS) and regular security audits.
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection:
- Use DDoS protection measures to protect your website from excessive traffic and attacks.
- Plan in advance in case of a sudden increase in traffic. Scale as needed by adding resources or using cloud services.
SSL Certificates and Encryption:
- Use SSL certificates to create an encrypted connection between your server and users, improving security.
Error Pages and Usability:
- Set up user-friendly error pages to give visitors clear information when something goes wrong.
- Design your web architecture to be scalable and fault tolerant. Avoid single points of failure.
It is important to note that no approach can completely eliminate failures. However, combining several of these measures provides comprehensive protection and significantly improves the reliability of your website.
Livewatch helps you to get information about Failure protection
There are many terms like Failure protection related to website monitoring. You have come to the right place if you find yourself in the following topics.
Our server monitoring instances are located. So you get a complete picture of your system health and are also informed about disturbances in distant locations.
You have been looking for Failure protection. Livewatch offers more than that. We provide Server Monitoring for your infrastructure.
With Livewatch you can monitor your website or server within 5 minutes and receive an immediate notification if the check fails. You can test our server monitoring for 7 days free of charge. Registration is completely free and without obligation. Apart from your email address, we do not need any credit card or other information.
Perhaps you will find the monitoring that matches Failure protection. Test our offer now!Create free account
Continuous monitoring of your website
Detailed logging of the availability of your website
Create your own exams and monitor your infrastructure with ease
Register your account free of charge and without obligation.
Let us explain our server monitoring offer in a 60-second video.
60 seconds of video - all about server monitoring